Hoopstars provides children aged 5-10 with the opportunity to learn and develop basketball skills.
We welcome new players without any experience and provide them experienced coaches to start their journeys. We are proud of our success to retain new players year after year developing them into valuable skilled basketballers and community members.
Our members start from the youngest of ages learning the basic skills to play basketball, building great friendships and learning pathways that may help them later in life.
Suitable for children who are new to sport and would like to give basketball a go! Kids will be taught the absolute basics and be guided every step of the way. Skill covered in Bronze include:
- Handling the ball
- Catching the ball
- Shooting the ball on lower size rings
In silver we expand the child’s knowledge on the fundamentals of basketball.
- Teaching them to shoot from multiple positions
- Being able to complete layups
- Working on footwork both with ball and without ball
- Shooting on full height ring
Getting them ready for competition!
- Incorporates game like situations
- Team structure of basketball
- Court positioning
- Advanced dribbling and skills
|Level||Day & Time|
|Bronze||Monday 4.30pm – 5.15pm
Tuesday 4.30pm – 5.15pm
Monday 5.20pm – 6.05pm
Monday 6.10pm – 6.55pm